I have been up-ing my game in my Ayurveda understanding and its applications. Simplified, Ayurveda is a science of life and wellness. One of the Ayurvedic wellness habits is to eat a healthy and easy to digest breakfast –though this isn’t exclusive to Ayurveda.
My preferred breakfast is a green smoothie, but it is always good to have a few options in the week. Recently I was re-introduced to chia puddings and realized how convenient it can be on those mornings I know I won’t have time to prepared a smoothie.
Very healthy, chia seed pudding is packed with protein, Omega-3, antioxidants and calcium. You can get more benefits of this mighty seed by visiting this nice post by Marry Spencer via Health & Fitness Shops.
It can be made under 5 minutes. I basically prepared it the night before so it is ready to eat or to go the next morning.
This is my Fruit in the Bottom Chia Seed Pudding recipe:
Ingredients - for one or two servings
· 1 cup almond milk
· 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/4 cup (or less) honey or stevia syrop (I should add that I don't like the taste of stevia at all but it's sweet)
· 1/3 cup of fruits (I prefer mangoes or strawberries)
1. For Blended/Smooth Version: Place all ingredients in blender minus fruits and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until completely smooth.
1. For Whole Chia Seed Version: Blend all ingredients except chia seeds & fruits in a blender until smooth (including any added flavors, fruits or chocolate). Whisk in chia seeds.
2. Place fruits at the bottom of a jar or glass container, then pour chia mixture and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to let it gel.